Saturday, December 12, 2009

Rationalizations

I can rationalize my not going over 2 hours to Greenville to one of my favorite races, or I can accept my human limitations. After a brutal week, and an opportunity to network last night, I came home relaxed and ready for sleep. The alarm went off; I looked up; reached my arm out and ended the noise.

I have to say - I am bummed, of course. I love the paris mountain road race with its 4 miles of climbing and then downhill and cruise to the finish. Again, as has been the theme, this week - ugh to life, which interferes with my favorite activity.

Next week should be more manageable, and the running should settle into its usual importance and focus in my life.

1 comment:

David Ray said...

It was *cold* this morning! Good day to sleep in. I'm looking forward to that luxury tomorrow.