Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fall brings light into my running slump

This article (and the result of recent wedding venue disasters) = me
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/04/for-runners-losing-motivation-in-the-summer/

After a couple of weeks hiatus from my usual running schedule, I see a light at the end of the tunnel of running slump. At the end, I am surrounded by light and by changing leaves & I have a long sleeve shirt on. My reason for the light - Fall. Already, in the past 2 weeks, I have signed up for 2 trail runs this fall: one in GA and one in Western NC.

They are longer trail runs (well for me - maybe not for the GUTS folks). And, I am excited. I am excited to return to hours in the woods when it is not oppressively hot.

1 comment:

David Ray said...

Good times planning the fall runs. Gets the motor revved up and motivates to continue running in the heat. Which races are you gonna do?