Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Yesterday I celebrated the National Forests

To all who have taken a stand to protect our National Forests, I applaud you. Sometimes, this can be an uphill battle and the words spoken are to deaf ears. But, yesterday, the voice for protection was heard, and the Omnibus Public Lands Management Act of 2009 was signed into law (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/30/us/politics/30lands-text.html).

In celebration, I, although exhausted from my speedy 5k on Sunday and work, went to the National Forest area closest to my house. I did not focus on my speed or hill climbing. Rather, I reviewed my surroundings more closely; I surveyed the new green, the tall and bent trees, and I enjoyed the noisy local birds. During this joyful and slow run, yesterday's focus was on the forest - my place of solitary retreat and challenges (miles of challenges).

No comments: