Thursday, February 11, 2010

Recovered after feeling ill this weekend. Good week of hour long pavement runs

This weekend, on Saturday, I knew. I knew I would not be driving to Cartersville to run the Red Top Rumble, and this saddened me. My training has been consistent (for the most part); I felt strong after my performance at Hogpen, and I was hoping for a good time at Red Top. But, the sickness engulfed me, and I stayed on the couch for most of the day.

By Tuesday, I felt recovered (my sicknesses usually do not last too long), and I took Grendel for a slow hour long experiment run. It was smooth although apparent that my energy was lower than usual. Wednesday, I tried to repeat the experiment, but this time, at 50 minutes, I stopped. My body kept repeating no more until it was deafening, and I relented.

Today, I hope to repeat another hour run + hill repeats. Hopefully, I have recovered sufficiently...

No comments: