Monday, May 11, 2009

Coffee -

Being a skeptic, when I first read this article, I was skeptical (ha!).

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/26/health/nutrition/26best.html?scp=10&sq=coffee%20and%20perform&st=cse

However, before running several races, such as the Athens Habitat for Humanity, I have consumed some coffee (not sure quantitative amount). And, I noticed an decrease in my time there, for example, and a more enjoyable and energetic performance.

To re-test my theory, this weekend, before the 5K I did not consume coffee. And, my time was dreadful (subjectively) as compared to other performances. Then, I had some coffee before my 10k, and I had that 2+ mile runner's high, and overall,I felt more energetic in my run.

Ah - the coffee may be part of the running routine (for a while)...

No comments: